Monday, January 09, 2006

Fox News and Other Laffs

The news was on while Lulu and I were in Dunkin' Donuts. The top stories were a murdered family, a girl killed by a pack of sharks and ailing Ariel Sharon.
We don't watch the news when the kids are around. In fact, we don't watch it when they're not around. We both work at a newspaper and get enough news there.
When Lulu is exposed to TV news, I'm always hoping she won't really notice, but she does.
As she ate her cream donut, she said: "They should call this the Dead Channel.''
"Not everyone dies on it though. The prime minister of Israel is just very sick,'' I said.
"Then they should call it the Dead and Dying Channel.''
*****
And because I feel guilty for short-shrifting Zeb, here are some things he said:
While playing his game "The Fixing Guy'' with Lulu: "We have a toolbox. Let's tool!''
While examining a piece of popcorn: "This looks like a chicken.'' (According to Regis, he was right. Not unlike the time we were watching "Madagascar'' in the theater and he loudly observed: "The lion's fingers look like french fries.'')
When he was mad at me for yelling at him not to jump on the couch: (in tears) "You're going to jail! And I'm going to poop on you and pee on you!!!''

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good God, your kids are going to be poets.

I got in a heap of trouble with my niece and nephew and jail- I threatened to have them arrested if they didn't hold my hands on a busy street and they have never let me forget it. They ask zillions of jail questions and worry all the time about going there.

But they've get to threaten ME with jail, much less poop and pee. Lucky you.

Julie

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home