Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Little Howard Hughes

Zeb has developed an obsessive-compulsive desire to constantly wash his hands.
Breathlessly, he runs into the bathroom, drags his potty/step-stool over to the sink and starts in with the bubblegum scented pump soap. He wants to do it again and again and sobs when I explain that he's washed his hands once and that's enough.
He learned this skill in daycare and he's proud of himself. I should be glad he wants to be self-sufficient, but instead I'm annoyed. (I was content to rub his hands with a diaper wipe every now and then, but only if they were really filthy).
The only upside to his zeal is that it lures him away from other things, like throwing CDs on the floor or riding his Big Wheel around the porch.
Whenever I need to distract him, I just chirp, "Come on, Zeb, it's time to wash your hands!!''
I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home