Thursday, May 13, 2004

Not Now, I in a Meeting

Zeb's demanding career of pushing trucks around the living room floor leaves little room for downtime. On top of it all, there's his sideline as Pizza Man.
He likes to knock on the kitchen wall while he's eating and pretend he's delivering a pizza (and a chicken sandwhich for Lulu, who doesn't like pizza).
When he knocks, I'm supposed to say, "Oh, look its Pizza Man! Can I have my pizza? Pizza man, do you have the sandwhich I ordered? Thanks Pizza Man. Here's your money, Pizza Man. Bye Pizza Man!.'' Then he knocks again and the cycle begins anew.
Anyway, after a particularly hectic shift as Pizza Man, Zeb was back on his day job, loading up the blue truck with Hot Wheels when I pointed out that his diaper was full of poo and needed to be changed.
He answered, "I busy.''
Later that day, when he had a hair in his mouth, he confided in a bewildered tone, "I eating hair.''
When Lulu was his age, she was talking in complex sentances but handn't mastered the pronoun "I.'' Instead, she said "you,'' (I guess since we called her "you,'' she figured that's who she was.)
As a toddler, Lulu also liked to run up and hug my bum cheeks. Once, she requested "Mommy pick you up with bum bum.''
I explained that even if this were possible, I didn't think she'd like it. And come to think of it, neither would I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home